Monday, May 7, 2012

Southwest Chicken Salad


150 Calories per Serving

AH-MAZING!!! Of course it was easy to prepare and quick- but it was also delish! I'm not normally a huge salad-for-dinner person, but I'd eat this again and again! Here's what I did differently from the recipe: I didn't use the chile powder in the ranch- I just love ranch so much that I didn't want to mess with it. Also, I HATE bottled ranch dressing so I made my own using Hidden Valley Ranch mix. To make it "low fat", I used reduced fat mayo instead of regular mayo, and I used skim milk instead of buttermilk. It was great!! The hubs really liked it too. This is a great summer meal- I would definitely give it 10 stars and recommend it!

Ingredients:

1/3 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
1/3 cup rinsed and drained no-salt-added black beans
1/3 cup frozen baby yellow and white corn, thawed
1/4 cup light ranch dressing
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1 (12 oz) package of American Blend Salad
1 (6 oz) package of cooked Southwest-seasoned chicken breast strips
3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes (about 20 tomatoes)

Directions:

1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Combine dressing and chipotle chile powder in another small bowl, stirring with a whisk (If you decide to make the ranch from a Hidden Valley packet, just follow instructions on the package using skim milk instead of buttermilk and reduced fat mayo).
2. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates. Arrange chicken over each serving. Top each with salsa mixture and tomatoes; drizzle each with dressing. 

YIELD: 4 servings; Serving size: 3 oz salad, 1/3 cup chicken, 1/4 cup bean-and-corn salsa, 3 tablespoons tomato, and one tablespoon dressing (I used a bit more dressing on my salad though, I couldn't resist...)

Nutritional Information:

Calories: 150; Fat 4.6g (sat: 0.6g, mono 1g, poly 1.2g), Protein: 14.6g, Carb: 11.9g, Fiber: 2.7g, Chol: 35mg, Iron: 1.4mg, Sodium: 495mg, Calc: 37mg

Source: Weight Watchers

No comments:

Post a Comment