Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Asian Chicken and Rice


300 Calories per Serving

**Ok first let me say that the above picture is from the website that I got the recipe from. I completely forgot to take a picture of the meal after I was done cooking. The hubs and I were in a hurry to get out to door so it completely slipped my mind... I will say though that what I made looked just like this- minus the almonds!** 

This was a great meal and SOOO FAST! I made a couple of changes though. I'm not a fan of almonds so I left those out and added some chopped up mushrooms that I had left over from the night before. I highly recommend this one- and the hubs loved it too. Yay Asian Chicken and Rice! :)


prep time:10 min
start to finish:15 min
makes:4 servings
1package (8.8 oz) precooked brown rice
1/2cup Green Giant® frozen peas
1pound chicken breast tenders, halved crosswise
1tablespoon oil
1/4cup bottled stir-fry sauce
2tablespoons oven-roasted sliced almonds
1.Heat rice in microwave according to package directions.
2.Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir peas and chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until peas are crisp-tender and chicken is no longer pink. Stir hot rice into skillet. Stir in stir-fry sauce; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with almonds.
    Nutritional Information
1 cup: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 65mg;Sodium 460mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 1g); Protein 31Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A8%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch0 Other Carbohydrate0 Vegetable4 Lean Meat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Source: Eatbetteramerica.com

No comments:

Post a Comment