Thursday, January 19, 2012

Beef Fried Rice



290 Calories per 1 1/3 Cup

I really enjoyed this one. It was very different from the other meals that I've made and was one of those that didn't taste like it was only 290 calories. I cheated and used instant rice though- so the whole thing took me about 20 minutes. I also used a little too much soy sauce. It calls for 1/3 cup but I would use a little less and taste it- then add more if necessary. That's definitely what I'll do next time. Also, the recipe does not say to drain the ground beef/mushroom/celery mixture after the beef is cooked- but I did to get all of the excess grease/oil out. Also, I didn't use snow pea pods- I'm not a huge fan. Instead I used frozen sweet peas and just added them in with the mushroom, meat, and celery. Annnddd instead of using an egg, I used egg product- it's healthier than an egg and honestly I couldn't tell a difference. It turned out really great!




prep time:30 min
start to finish:30 min
makes:6 servings (1 1/3 cups each)
1cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
2cups water
1teaspoon olive oil
1egg, beaten
1lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
1cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2cup sliced celery
1/3cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2teaspoons sesame oil
1/2teaspoon red pepper sauce
1 1/2cups fresh snow pea pods, cut diagonally in half
8medium green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
1.Cook rice in water as directed on package.
2.Meanwhile, brush 12-inch nonstick skillet with olive oil. Heat over medium heat. Add beaten egg to skillet; cook 1 minute or until firm but still moist. Remove from skillet; cut into thin strips. Cover to keep warm.
3.In same skillet, cook beef, mushrooms and celery over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked.
4.In small bowl, mix soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper sauce; stir into beef mixture. Add pea pods, onions, cooked egg and cooked rice; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until hot.
    Nutritional Information
1 Serving: Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 80mg;Sodium 530mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g); Protein 19Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A6%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20Exchanges: 2 Starch0 Other Carbohydrate0 Vegetable2 Lean Meat;1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Source: Eatbetteramerica.com

No comments:

Post a Comment