Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bow-Tie Pasta with Beef and Tomatoes


340 Calories per Serving

I have mixed feelings about this meal. It wasn't bad, but I don't know if I would cook it again. I didn't use the thinly sliced beef that it called for, and I think that might have been part of why this may not be one of my favorite meals. Another reason might be because it didn't have a TON of flavor. I mean it was flavorful, but it could have had more. Also, if I'm going to eat a meal that's over 300 calories, I want to love it. I normally try to choose dinners that are less than 300 calories, so if it is going to be more, I want those "extra" calories to be worth it. I will say, this meal did have a good bit of protein so those were "good" calories. Overall, I would probably give this meal 2.5 or 3 stars.

prep time:5 min
start to finish:20 min
makes:4 servings
2cups uncooked farfalle (bow-tie) pasta (5 oz)
1tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1cup frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions (from 1-lb bag)
1lb thinly sliced beef for stir-fry
1can (14.5 oz) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1teaspoon garlic salt
1/4teaspoon pepper
Fresh basil leaves, if desired
Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
1.Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
2.Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook frozen stir-fry vegetables in oil 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in beef. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is no longer pink.
3.Stir in tomatoes, garlic salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently and breaking up tomatoes slightly with spoon, until mixture is hot. Stir in pasta. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until pasta is well coated and hot. Garnish with basil. Serve with cheese.
    Nutritional Information
1 Serving: Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg;Sodium 820mg; Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 7g); Protein 29Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A6%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch1/2 Other Carbohydrate1 Vegetable3 Very Lean Meat1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Source: Eatbetteramerica.com

No comments:

Post a Comment