Saturday, December 10, 2011

Muffin Tin Omelets


About 50 or 60 Calories per "Muffin"

These are soooo good! Thanks to Jenni H for the idea- but all you do is put whatever meat and veggies you want in the bottom of a muffin tin and then pour eggs (beaten) over it, and then bake. Now to make mine low calorie, I used egg beaters. They have less calories and cholesterol than regular eggs and pretty much taste the exact same. AND you don't have to deal with cracking and beating the eggs. You can refrigerate them and reheat- so it's really ideal to make on a Sunday night and eat throughout the week for breakfast. Great source of protein and fiber (depending on the veggies you use). I'm definitely a fan.

Ingredients:
Whatever meat/veggies you want- I used chopped up ham and pico de gio. That way I had tomatoes and onions- and I didn't have to chop them myself. I picked up a package at Kroger.
Eggs or egg beaters.

Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees
Put meat/veggies in the bottom of the muffin tins, filling up about halfway. 
Pour egg beaters/beaten eggs over the veggies/meat, filling up the muffin tin to the brim.
Bake for 30-45 minutes, until eggs are no longer runny.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment