Friday, December 16, 2011

Turkey Soft Tacos


390 Calories per 2 Tacos

I feel like I say this a lot, but this is one of my favorite of these "healthified" meals. This is actually the 2nd time that I've made it and it has the 3 perks that I really like in a recipe: Quick, Easy, and Delish (haha). The above pic is of the taco "insides" in the pan- I figured that would give yall a better idea of the meal than if I showed you what it looks like in the tortilla. Also, I actually ate it out of a bowl this time. I figured it would save me a few calories by not eating the tortillas. Either way though, tortilla or bowl, it's very filling and flavorful. 


prep time:10 min
start to finish:20 min
makes:4 servings
1/2cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
1medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1small red or green bell pepper, diced (1/2 cup)
1/2cup frozen whole kernel corn (from 1-lb bag)
1/2lb ground turkey breast
4cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2cup salsa
1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
8flour tortillas (8 to 10 inch), warmed*
Sour cream, if desired
1.In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat broth to boiling over high heat. Cook onion, bell pepper and corn in broth 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium-high.
2.Stir in turkey and garlic. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in cilantro.
3.Spoon slightly less than 1/2 cup turkey mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up tortilla. Serve with sour cream.
To warm tortillas, heat them in a hot ungreased skillet or griddle for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Or wrap desired number of tortillas tightly in foil and heat in 250°F oven for 15 minutes. Or place 2 tortillas at a time between dampened microwavable paper towels or sheets of microwavable plastic wrap and microwave on High for 15 to 20 seconds until warm.
    Nutritional Information
1 Serving: Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 40mg;Sodium 710mg; Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g); Protein 23Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A30%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 15%; Iron 25Exchanges: 4 Starch0 Other Carbohydrate0 Vegetable1 1/2 Very Lean Meat Carbohydrate Choices: 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Source: Eatbetteramerica.com

2 comments:

  1. I made this tonight! Yay cooking! The only difference that I had from yours was that mine ended up being really soupy. I portioned out our dinner and let it simmer for a good while and it was just fine. Yummy!
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine has been soupy when I make it too. I use a pasta strainer and throw everything in there when it has about 3 or 4 minutes left to cook. That way it gets all the soupy/watery stuff out and cooks for a few more minutes for flavor. I forgot all about that- I should have put that in the blog haha.

    I'm so glad you're trying the recipes!! Keep lettin me know how they turn out for you :)
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete