Monday, April 2, 2012

Skillet Crisp Tilapia with Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes" and Asparagus




1 Tilapia filet (though 2 are pictured...): 200 Calories    
 1 Serving of Asparagus: 50 Calories  
3/4 Cup of Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes": 60 Calories
Meal Total: 310 Calories 


I can't express how much I LOVE the cauliflower "mashed potatoes". It is so awesome that I can make this food that looks, tastes, feels like mashed potatoes, but is a fraction of the calories. Even the hubs likes them. I think if you didn't tell someone that they weren't potatoes, they might not know the difference. I also have to say the Tilapia was great too- and I always love asparagus. This was a pretty quick meal and it was so good that I can't wait to make it again. 


Ingredients:
1 box of Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilapia (I loved the Garlic and Herb)


1 head of cauliflower
1/3 cup of 1% (or low fat) buttermilk
4 cloves of crushed garlic
1 tablespoon of light butter


1 bunch of asparagus


Instructions:
1. Cook the tilapia as directed on the box. I recommend doing it on the stove top vs the oven


2. Boil or steam the cauliflower after cutting it into florets. Remove from heat once it is soft. Put it in your blender with the buttermilk, garlic, and butter and puree it until smooth


3. Saute the asparagus however you prefer. I like to put a little soy sauce and garlic powder on mine.


That's it! You may want to add a little salt and pepper to the cauliflower for taste. I also sprinkled a small amount of Parmesan cheese on it as well.


Nutritional Info:
Tilapia: 200 calories per filet (see box for specific info)
Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes": 60 calories per 2/3 cup
Asparagus: 50 calories per 4.5 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment