Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bubble Up Enchiladas



390 Calories per Serving 
(My version had 421 Calories per Serving...)

OH SO GOOD. The hubs took one bite and looks at me and goes, "There's no way this is healthy". I honestly have to agree with him- it was way too "comfort food-ish" to be healthy. I will say this, I couldn't find reduced fat refrigerator biscuits so I had to use regular biscuits... So my version had 421 cals per serving vs 390- I mean a 31 calorie difference isn't bad at all. Now I usually try to stay under 300-350 with my dinners, under 400 max but this was so good that I think if I plan throughout the day to have the extra calories at dinner, it'd definitely be ok. The prep time on this one was really quick- just brown the turkey and then throw it all in a bowl to mix... then bake it in a casserole dish. It did take a little longer than 25 minutes to bake- but I think that's just my oven. Most of the things I cook take longer than the time recommended in recipes. I think the next time I make it I'm going to add some veggies (onions, peppers, mushrooms). I think I could make it a little healthier by using only a cup of cheese (1 1/4 cups seemed like SO much last night...), and by using maybe 6 biscuits instead of the whole can (8). 


Ingredients: 

1 pound lean ground turkey
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 16 oz can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
1 ¼ cups shredded low fat Mexican Cheese
(Makes 6 servings)

Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey and drain if needed. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Then you just dump it all in a greased casserole (I use 8 X 11) and bake for 25 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through. Usually I use a tooth pick to see if the biscuits are done. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Nutrition Info: Calories 390; Fat 11.5g; Carbohydrate 36g; Fiber 2g; Protein 33g

Source: http://www.recipe-diaries.com/2011/05/23/bubble-up-enchiladas-weight-watcher-recipes-part-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment