Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ravioli with Tomato-Alfredo Sauce and Zucchini "Chips"



320 Calories per Serving of Ravioli, 81 Calories per Serving of Zucchini

This was a super easy, great meal that made enough for leftovers/the hubs to have it for lunch the next day. I will say, I was a little confused by the ingredients- the website listed that it needed 2 15oz cans of tomato sauce... Now I didn't use the Muir Glen sauce, I just used regular Kroger brand sauce. I wasn't sure if it wanted spaghetti sauce, or literally tomato sauce. Regardless, 30 oz total was a TON so I used the regular tomato sauce- and I used 2 6oz cans... which was a lot less than the recipe called for, but I can't imagine actually needing 30 total oz- that wouldn't be very good, it'd be extremely tomato-ey. Soooo I would recommend using 2 small tomato sauce cans instead. With that said, it was awesome. I really enjoyed this one and will definitely make it again. 

To go with the Ravioli, I also made zucchini "chips". I found the recipe on Pinterest but put my own "twist" to it to make it healthier. I actually made the chips 2x and experimented with how I cut them each time. I think the best way is to cut the zucchini into circles (NOT like how I have them pictured) and bake them for longer than I did. What I made was really good, but I'd have liked a little more crunch. Sooo, check out the instructions below on how to make awesome zucchini chips- with the changes that I made after experimenting.


Ravioli with Tomato-Alfredo Sauce
Prep Time: 10 Min     Total Time: 20 Min     Servings: 6

Ingredients: 
2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated light 4-cheese-filled ravioli
1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms (3 cups)
1 large onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped1teaspoon dried oregano
2 cans (15 ounces each) no-salt added Muir Glen® tomato sauce
1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Instructions:
1. Cook and drain ravioli as directed on package; keep warm.

2. Spray same saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onion, garlic and oregano in saucepan about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is crisp-tender.

3. Stir in tomato sauce and half-and-half. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Stir in ravioli, cheese and parsley.

Nutrition Information:
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 460mg; Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 11g), Protein 15g;Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20 %; Vitamin C 20 %; Calcium 15 %; Iron 380 %;Exchanges: 3  Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat;Carbohydrate Choices:3 1/2;*Percent Daily Values are  based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Source: Eatbetteramerica.com

Zucchini "Chips"

Ingredients:
1 medium sized zucchini
Extra Virgin Olive Oil/Olive Oil Cooking Spray
1/4 cup Shreaded Parm Cheese
Garlic Powder

Instructions:
1. Slice the Zucchini into circles, about 1/4 inch thick

2. Place non-stick foil on a baking sheet. Place the zucchini onto the foil

3. Spray the zucchini with the cooking spray

4. Sprinkle the parm cheese on the zucchini then lightly "dust" with the garlic powder

5. Bake in preheated oven (at 300) for 30 minutes. Rotate baking sheet and bake for an additional 30 minutes.

Nutritional Info:
Calories: 81

No comments:

Post a Comment